Every 3rd Saturday of the month at 7PM
44a Sydenham Road, London, SE26 5QF
Guitaraoke is karaoke with real guitars. Singers sing along with live guitar players – and for guitar and bass players, we can mute the lead, rhythm, and bass guitar parts from any of the songs on the list so you can play them live.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I see the words?
- Yes. Guitaraoke uses professional backing videos, and you’ll have the words on screen.
- Can I see the guitar chords/tabs?
- Yes - most songs have chords on screen as well as lyrics:
- Do I have to sign up in advance?
- No. But if there’s a song you particularly want to play or sing, get in touch and I’ll try to make it happen.
- Do I need to bring anything?
- Just your favourite plectrum. I’ll provide instruments, backline, mics... all the things. See the gear list if you need to know what’ll be there.
- I can just turn up and play? I don’t need to lug my guitar along?
- Can I bring my guitar anyway?
- Sure. But it’s at your own risk, and you might get to play only one or two songs. Also, somebody else might ask if they can borrow it.
- Can I bring my favourite pedal?
- Yeah, but we won’t have any time to soundcheck, so be prepared to plug in and play.
- Can I bring my amp?
- Please don’t – we’ll run everything through the venue PA.
- Can I bring my harmonica, saxophone, trombone, etc?
- Sure; if you’re happy to jam along with whatever else is playing, go for it. We’ll have a few extra microphones if you need one.
- What key is everything in?
- Tracks are the same as the original recording.
- NOTE: Some bands (e.g. Guns n’ Roses) tune everything down half a step in the studio. We don’t. All the instruments are tuned to concert pitch, so for songs like Beat It and Sweet Child O’ Mine, we play the same chords/shapes as the original but our version comes out in E rather than E♭.
- What if I drink four beers, get on stage believing I’m a rock god, and then realise I actually suck...?
- Relax. It’s just for fun. But if you’re really not enjoying yourself, give us the nod and we’ll quietly fade you out and bring the original track back in and you can just jump around and pretend. (After all, that’s what they do on Top Of The Pops.)
If you want to play something that’s not on the list, get in touch and I’ll see what I can do.
Click a song to see the chord chart
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long
Adele - Rolling in the Deep
Alannah Myles - Black Velvet
Backstreet Boys - Backstreet’s Back
Backstreet Boys - Larger than Life
Beastie Boys - Fight For Your Right (To Party)
Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
Billy Joel - We Didn’t Start The Fire
Blur - Parklife
Bon Jovi - Livin’ on a Prayer
Bon Jovi - Runaway
Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive
Bon Jovi - You Give Love a Bad Name
Bryan Adams - Summer of 69
Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time
Cream - Crossroads
Daft Punk - Get Lucky
Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing
Europe - The Final Countdown
Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly
Fountains of Wayne - Stacy’s Mom
Giorgio Moroder and Philip Oakey - Together in Electric Dreams
Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
Green Day - Basket Case
Gun / Cameo - Word Up
Guns n Roses - Sweet Child O Mine
Huey Lewis and the News - The Power of Love
Janet Kay - Silly Games
Joan Jett - I Love Rock’n’Roll
Katrina And The Waves - Walking On Sunshine
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
Michael Jackson - Beat It
Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning
Muse - Hysteria
Muse - Time Is Running Out
Oasis - Live Forever
Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al
Pearl Jam - Alive
Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Pt 2)
Pulp - Common People
Pulp - Disco 2000
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Queen - Hammer to Fall
Queen - I Want It All
Queen - Tie Your Mother Down
Radiohead - Creep
Robert Palmer - Addicted to Love
Shania Twain - Man! I Feel Like A Woman
Simple Minds - Don’t You Forget About Me
Smash Mouth - All Star
Starship - Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now
Starship - We Built This City
The Commitments / Wilson Pickett - Mustang Sally
The Killers - Human
The Killers - Mr Brightside
The Killers - Somebody Told Me
The Proclaimers - I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)
Tina Turner - Steamy Windows
Wet Leg - Chaise Longue
Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag
White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
All the songs are also on a Spotify playlist so you can sing and jam along and get in the mood.
The gear varies from night to night, but we’ll always have a couple of electric guitars, an electric bass or two, and enough FX and backline to make it all work.