Saturday, January 21st, 2023 @ 7PM
and every 3rd Saturday of the month
Ignition Brewery Taproom, 44a Sydenham Road, London, SE26 5QF
Guitaraoke is karaoke with guitars. Singers sing along with live guitar players – and for guitar and bass players, we can mute the lead, rhythm, and bass guitar parts from any of the songs on the list so you can play them live.
If you want to play something that’s not on the list, get in touch and I’ll see what I can do.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I see the words?
- Yes. Guitaraoke uses professional backing videos, and you’ll have the words on screen.
- Can I see the guitar chords?
- Yes - I've added animated guitar chords to the videos, so you can see what to play.
- Do I have to sign up in advance?
- No. But if there’s a song you particularly want to play or sing, get in touch and I’ll try to make it happen.
- Do I need to bring anything?
- Just your favourite plectrum. I’ll provide instruments, backline, mics... all the things. See the gear list if you need to know what’ll be there.
- I can just turn up and play? I don’t need to lug my guitar along?
- Can I bring my guitar anyway?
- Sure. But it’s at your own risk, and you might get to play only one or two songs. Also, somebody else might ask if they can borrow it.
- Can I bring my favourite pedal?
- Yeah, but we won’t have any time to soundcheck, so be prepared to plug in and play.
- Can I bring my amp?
- Please don’t – we’ll run everything through the venue PA.
- Can I bring my harmonica, saxophone, trombone, etc?
- Sure; if you’re happy to jam along with whatever else is playing, go for it. We’ll have a few extra microphones if you need one.
- Do you tune down a half-step?
- No. Some bands tune everything down half a step in the studio. We don’t. All the instruments are tuned to concert pitch, so for songs like Beat It and Sweet Child O’ Mine, we play the same chords/shapes as the original but our version comes out in E rather than E♭.
- What if I drink four beers, get on stage believing I’m a rock god, and then realise I actually suck...?
- Relax. It’s just for fun. But if you’re really not enjoying yourself, give us the nod and we’ll quietly fade you out and bring the original track back in and you can just jump around and pretend. (After all, that’s what they do on Top Of The Pops.)